Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mother's Day Surprises

My back is healing well and I am allowing myself about one hour a day of sitting sewing time.  I have to get back into the swing of sitting since I return to work next Thursday...boo for that, but so very thankful that I have a job to return to and am healthy to return to work.  I made a quick pillow for my mom and a pin cushion for my MIL, I have some really cute pin toppers coming in the mail..can't wait to see those!  I also have been ooohhing and ahhhing over all the rainbow quilts out there and ordered the bold solid fat quarter sampler from Connecting Threads...I have been a devout Kona solid user, but I am so impressed with the colors and the 'feel' of these solids from Connecting Threads...fat quarters are $1.24 and the bold sampler has 24 fat quarters for $23.76!  I have not cut into them yet, so can't comment on how they stand up to washing, but very pleased so far. 

http://www.connectingthreads.com/kits/Bold_Solid_Fat_Quarter_Sampler__D3274.html

I made the small pillow from Moda Martinique, I bought a few fats from the Houston Quilt show this past fall.  The pin cushion is Fresh Cut from Heather Bailey...I can't tell you when or where I bought that from but it was a pleasant surprise to find them in my stash!

To all the Mother's out in blogland, have a very blessed Mother's Day.  I also say prayers for peace this weekend for those women out there who want so desperately to be a mom.  I went through a few long tearful years of infertility and Mother's Day was always a very difficult time for me.  I was blessed with twin boys almost 15 years ago, but I still remember how sad it can be.

Lisa....the Rx Quilter!



No comments:

Post a Comment